Here it is! My first Friday Science Bites. And thankfully, a quick google search shows I have not inadvertently plagiarized. As promised, here is a collection of links on cool science content I read this week.
- It’s official — computers are better than humans at recognizing pictures of strawberries and balloons, detecting malignant tumors, and combing through legal documents.
- Excitingly, a new cache of an important element has been discovered, easing concerns on how MRIs and birthday parties as we know them might continue.
- It seems everything today is happening faster than ever before. But evolution itself? Perhaps not.
- Those sketch artists at the precinct we see in crime shows? In the future, DNA might inform their work more than a witness’ description.
- The story of the Greek goddess Niobe is a tragic one, but things are looking up for its namesake.
Have a great weekend.