Another Friday . . . another installment of Friday Science Bites . . .
- Scientists believe it’s sound that causes the soaring temperatures on Jupiter’s great red spot
- Fascinating article on the applications of venom from poisonous creatures to heal maladies ranging from tumors to diabetes
- Ancient DNA sequencing has come a long way — and is now being used to support the notion that farming arose independently in different locations in the ancient world
- The next time someone bemoans our exponentially increasing human population and all we consume, tell them to calm down, because everyone’s talking about this plentiful and powerful protein source!
- Anecdotal evidence on the magic of yoga abounds; here’s a not-so-new but important look at the why.